Saturday, January 7, 2017

Playing Catch-up!

It's been entirely too long since I've posted! So much has happened and changed in the last couple of months!

For starters, I broke the halfway point of getting to my goal! 125lbs are now GONE! How did that happen so quickly?!

I also made it through my first holiday season as 'New Me' and -- I'm so proud of myself! I was able to maintain portion control and keep myself from going crazy with food. One plate at each holiday and I didn't overfill the plate, like I always have. There were tempting moments, but I managed to hold strong. *fist bump* to me!

I even made it through our cookie baking session with Jean without eating too many cookies. The temptation of four-bazillion cookies on the counter the next day got to me and I indulged in 5 -- yes, FIVE! -- but I logged them, owned them, counter-balance the rest of my day around them and moved on!

During the six week holiday season, I actually managed to lose 13lbs! So awesome! I think this really proves out my commitment to my new lifestyle and that it truly is a new lifestyle, not a diet!

The other way I've grown by leaps and bounds in the last few months is activity and exercise. I really struggled from the beginning with being active. I had finally gotten my groove and was starting to get in a rhythm when I got sick back in May/June/July. The 30 days of not being able to exercise really killed my motivation.

Once I was better, I struggled with getting my motivation back. I kept trying and wasn't getting far. I'd manage a day or two, then I'd slump it out. I didn't know how I was going to get there, but I was going to keep trying.

One day, I joined the Facebook Spark People group. When I did, I met some INCREDIBLE people! There was an exercise challenge being started and I figured that was just the push and drive I needed so, I jumped right in! It's been wonderful to have motivation and accountability!

I'm back to going to the gym 4-5 days a week and sweating my butt off! The best part is that I'm starting to find new muscle! I flexed my arm the other day and deep down under the fluffy layer was a nice little -- and I do mean little -- mound of muscle! There was also a little bump on my forearm! WHOOHOO! It's taking time, but it's paying off!

Some days, I can hardly believe my progress. I don't know who this girl is, but I like her! I'm really starting to learn to love myself -- something I often struggled with. I've been making conscious efforts to not be self-deprecating. Talk about a struggle! So many years of negative voices in my head and negative thoughts about myself is a difficult habit to break -- perhaps the most difficult I've faced thus far. I've even asked Tiffany to start calling me out, if I do it. I even promised her $5 each time, but I haven't paid out yet. haha I'm down to a few times a week, rather than multiple times a day -- progress!

I could literally go on and on to catch up what's happened in the last few months! I guess that's what I get for slacking for so long!

With the new year, I've committed myself to working on my mental well-being, as well as my physical well-being. I tackled my physical well-being in 2016; 2017 is the year of mental well-being, along with the continued improvement of my physical well-being.

... that's a wrap!












No comments: