Thursday, January 26, 2017

Step-by-Step, Ooohhhhh Baby!

For a lonnnng time now, I've been so incredibly scared of hills and stairs. There's a bigggg hill on University Street between 2nd and 3rd here in Seattle. It's been daunting! 
Last summer, a hill much like the University Street hill did me in during the Color Run. It was at the top of that hill where I was completely out of breath. Heaving, couldn't catch my breath, gasping for air, lungs burning. It was baaaad!

Last week, I decided I would walk up the University hill. I was scared, but I was going to do it. I stood at the bottom, took a deep breath, and started up.

To my amazement, IT WASN'T TOO BAD! I was certainly breathing heavily at the top, but I was completely recovered by the time I got to the front door of my building! AWESOME!

Yesterday, I decided to do it again and guess what?! Same thing! I even got up the nerve to go DOWN the hill earlier this week! Equally scary, but I did it!

This morning, I decided to do one better. Don't walk up the University hill, walk up the University STAIRS...without holding on! WHUUUT?!

Sooo... I did. I walked alllllllll the way up those stairs without touching the handrail! I ALWAYS hold on out of fear of falling and needing to help myself up! To be able to do it without touching the handrail was INCREDIBLE!

These same stairs were a nightmare for me a little over a year ago! My car was in the garage and, for some reason I don't recall, we had to go down the stairs to get access.

I was soooo heavy, I was sweating and had to rest halfway down -- DOWN the stairs, not UP! This morning, I went UP -- no stopping, no resting, no problem!

So many accomplishments this week and facing fears! Feels sooooooo good!

All right, what's next...?

No comments: