Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Be Accountable and Face the Number (Saturday, April 02, 2016)

I have long hidden from my weight. I didn't weigh myself because I didn't want to know. I'd refuse to get on the scale at the doctor's office because I didn't want to know and I certainly didn't want anyone else to know!

When I decided to get serious, I knew I had to face the scale. I had to know the number. I was so anxiety-ridden getting on the scale that day. I was horrified at the number. I most certainly didn't want to know that myself and I couldn't let anyone else know.

 Over the past month, I've come to realize that it doesn't need to be a shameful thing. Owning my weight and being honest will help keep me accountable and start to remove this veil of denial and shame, allowing me to face it and deal with it.

Last week, I told my daughter my starting and current weight. Today, I posted it in my profile. I can no longer run from it. I can no longer hide from it. I can no longer be ashamed of it. I just have to own it and keep moving towards being healthier and making better choices and the number will take care of itself.

No comments: