Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Second Shelf, on the Right (Sunday, March 27, 2016)

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a 'domestic' person. My daughter got me a sign for my kitchen that says, "I only have a kitchen because it came with the house." I have long-joked that the best meal I've ever made was with my phone (calling for take-out.)

My refrigerator has long been the place where good intentions and doggie bags have gone to die until they eventually meet their final resting place in the trash. In the last several weeks, that's changed. I've cleaned out the fridge, bought organizers, stock it each week with healthy foods that get eaten instead of tossed. I've prepared something in the kitchen -- besides coffee -- every day. It's crazy!

My daughter was looking for lunch meat this morning and, for the first time in a long time, I didn't have to remind her to check it first and I could tell her *exactly* where it was: second shelf, on the right.

No comments: