Friday, September 30, 2016

May 2016: May, Oh May! (Saturday, June 04, 2016)

May, oh May -- you didn't quite work out how I had hoped in the scale department, but it wasn't all bad.

I increased my exercise by two-fold and saw a dramatic decrease in my weight loss. For three weeks, the scale didn't go down and actually went up by 1lb one week. I hadn't changed anything about my food, I had only increased my exercise.

I got frustrated and played with intake volumes. After bumping to 1600-1700 calories per day, the scale finally moved down again!

The last week of the month, the craziness hit. I felt sick for days. Didn't feel well enough to exercise and hardly wanted to be out of bed. Long story short (full story in another blog), I discovered I had severely high blood pressure!

A terrible scare (blood pressure around 198/113), a night in the ER, a visit to a doctor, and a few days into June and things are -- thankfully -- settling down.

Even though I only lost 7.4lbs for the month and didn't hit my goal of 3-4% monthly loss, I still had a lot of victories this month! I started exercising more, joined the YMCA, and met with a Personal Trainer. My overall weight loss hit 49.3lbs (39.3 since March 1 + ~10 Jan/Feb loss), bringing me down over 9% from my March 1 starting weight.

I finally summoned up the courage to go to a doctor! Turns out all my essential blood levels are good. (Cholesterol test pending.) I got kudos from TWO doctors on the positive changes I've made in my lifestyle. I've reached out to the Weight Loss clinic my doctor recommended so I can get some help/advice from their expert team and nutritionist. ... I know I'm forgetting stuff.

Hopefully, I won't have to kick my scale in the teeth to keep it moving down, but I'm not above it! haha

It's coming up on my favorite time of the year -- SUMMER! Here's to a fabulous June!


No comments: