Friday, September 30, 2016

Go Away, Nancy! (Saturday, June 18, 2016)

I feel like such a Negative Nancy right now and I don't like it. Weeks of dealing with adjusting to new medication, an almost non-stop three week migraine, medication-induced vertigo and nausea are really taking their toll.

I've still been doing fine with food and have actually been losing plenty of weight -- 8lbs last week alone -- but my activity has taken a nosedive.

Since my blood pressure has been stable for the last two weeks (thank god!), the doctor has cleared me to do whatever activity I want, I just don't feel up to it. It's difficult to push when my head hurts and I feel like I'm going to throw up or pass out. I haven't worked out since last weekend. I tried one afternoon earlier this week, but it was a calamity of errors and didn't happen. I need to just be patient with myself, give myself time, and not be so hard on myself.

I'm still eating right, I'm still making progress, I just have to keep moving forward. I'm going to at least try to get in some pool time today. If I can get some treadmill time, that'll be a bonus. My sister is coming later today so I don't want to overdo it and feel crappy while she's here.

Time to pull myself up by my bootstraps and keep moving.

No comments: