Friday, September 30, 2016

NSV: Get up, up off the floor! (Monday, August 29, 2016)

This seems like the silliest thing to celebrate, but I'm doing it anyway! Haha

As a very large person, the floor has been a scary place for me. I have spent the last 5+ years afraid I'd fall and wouldn't be able to get back up. Sitting on the floor was *completely* out of the question. The last time I'd even attempted, my knees screamed out in pain and I was certain my knee cap would crack.

Yesterday, I decided it was time to try again. I've been thinking about it for a few weeks, but haven't mustard the courage. Yesterday, I was going for it!

I put one knee on the floor -- slowly! -- no pain, good sign. Let go of the bed completely. Okay, we're good. Second knee went down. Hey! No pain! All right, we've got this! Sat down completely, even laid down!

It was kind of exciting... and then I decided to get up. Oh, $hit! This better not be a problem because I'm home alone and it'll be a few hours before my daughter will be home and my phone is... I don't even know.

All right, girl! You've got this! On one knee...other foot on the floor...up she goes! I felt like I should throw both hands in the air, do a quarter turn and wave to the judges! Haha

Guess who doesn't need to be afraid of the floor anymore?! These are the little pieces of life that I had resolved myself to just being gone. It feels INCREDIBLE to be getting back the little things that should be taken for granted!

 Until we meet again, floor! 😉 😍

No comments: