Tuesday, September 13, 2016

You're Fricken Perfect! (Monday, April 18, 2016)

Can I just start by saying I LOVE P!nk (the singer-songwriter)? LOOOVE her! I have been a fan of hers since wayyyyy back in her Missundaztood days.

She never fails to be honest and straight. And she doesn't sugar-coat anything, ever -- love her or hate her.

I've often really connected with her music because of her no-nonsense, real girl/woman/life lyrics. Today, I almost bawled.

I got home from work and decided to do Qumba (my own version of Zumba with my music where I dance like a fool because nobody can see in my apartment), instead of going for a walk.

I popped in my headphones and hit play on Spotify. The second song was Fuckin' Perfect by P!nk. I haven't heard that song for a bit and I was in my groove... then it got to these lyrics:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel
Like you're less than fuckin' perfect
Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel
Like you're nothing, you're fuckin' perfect to me

You're so mean when you talk
About yourself. You were wrong.
Change the voices in your head
Make them like you instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BAM! Bulls-eye right to the ole core! The next two and a half minutes were spent dancing and fighting emotion.

One of my BIGGEST obstacles has been how I see myself and how I talk to myself. It's TERRIBLE! I've also really struggled with letting the voices of people from my past replay all their negative rhetoric in my head.

I have been making an honest-to-god effort not to be derogatory towards myself and to not allow those who are no longer in my life (for a damn-good reason) to have so much power over me.

This song is staying on my workout playlist as a reminder. The next time I'm bullying myself or letting those damn voices in my head bully me, I'm going to listen to this song.

For those of you that know exactly what I'm talking about, I just want to say this: Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel like you're less than fucking perfect!

No comments: